Stats for a TGIF

Written By: Tracy - Nov• 19•10

Feeling the after effects of running and thinking seriously of trying to find a more low-impact high-intensity exercise. There is nothing like a little discomfort to remind you that you are not getting any younger.

Stories out: 5
Words: 600  I added another chuck to a story that I’m co-writing with a friend.

1. astein142 says:

Some of the more strenuous forms of yoga can be high-intensity yet are still low-impact — vinyasa, bikram, etc. Yoga gives you a full-body workout, too. I’m a lightweight. Low-intensity Hatha Flow and Restorative are about my speed.

I may try ballistic weights, such as kettlebells. That was what they used to train for the movie 300. My husband is a big fan of them. We keep three weights in my office (And when the boy dog needs to be in time out, I attach his leash to the handle of the heaviest weight, but don’t tell hubby).

2. astein142 says: