Tracy S. Morris

Quirky Mysteries, Screwball Fantasy and Sassy History

Monday Math and more puppy pics.

And because people like to look at pictures of a puppy, here is another photo of Essey: She’s taken a liking to one of the sofa pillows and claimed it for her own.  That does not look very comfortable to me. But she seems to like it.  Sorry about the quality of this photo.  It […]

Read the rest of this entry »

Monday Math and Musings.

Original fiction : 1,000 words Stories out: 8 One personal rejection that I got this afternoon. I may set this one aside while I chew on the editor’s comments. Tomorrow, I will post notice of my February Blog Tour. But I was slightly curious. I have the chance to offer a few prizes at virtual […]

Read the rest of this entry »

Monday Math

Words: 3,635 Stories out: 9 Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day.  I’m expecting a very busy week. Today I took the dog to the vet and I have an appointment with the dentist to fix the other crown.  Tomorrow is the check-up with the doctor.  I managed to get up by 6, but things aren’t […]

Read the rest of this entry »

Monday Math: Okay, so it’s tuesday.

Yesterday I found out that my smart phone (a Palm Pre) will not let me post to the text box for my LJ account.  I can get to the posting page.  I can even post the subject or respond to someone’s comment.  But no go on actually posting to the text box.  I may check into […]

Read the rest of this entry »

Monday Math with a Bit of Photography

Words: 1,000 Submissions out: 4 I need to both write more and send out more, so that’s going to be a goal for today.  I was surfing camera websites today (for my less-active photography hobby) when I ran across a website for Chase Jarvis, a San Fransisco native photographer.  Chase is known for saying that […]

Read the rest of this entry »

Monday Math: Headed into the Home Stretch

Fiction words: 3,000 Stories out: 4 If you don’t hear from me much this weekend, I’m in a haze of work.  I’m trying to get extra writing in early this week so that I don’t feel compelled to work Thursday or Friday.  If I don’t get the chance to say it later, have a happy […]

Read the rest of this entry »

Monday Math after a visit to the dentist.

Today was actually pretty good, despite a trip to the dentist. I got up early, and was done with my assigned work by noon. Then I ran to the yarn store and the book store (have to feed the addictions) before going to the dentist to get the permanent crown cemented into place. This one […]

Read the rest of this entry »

Monday Math (With a Side Order of Friday Fiction)

I typically post a bit of what I’m writing on Fridays, but I really, really needed a break this weekend. So I mostly spent the weekend baking Christmas cookies and leaving the computer off. So since I did not post on Friday, I’m posting a little bit of my writing today. Stories out 6 (two […]

Read the rest of this entry »

Monday Math

Last night I went to see Ninja Assasin. Not by choice. This is what happens when you are along for the ride with your husband and his (mostly) male friends. Think the Crazy 88 scene played straight, and you have some idea what about 75 percent of the movie was about. The remaining 25 percent […]

Read the rest of this entry »

Monday Math

I suppose I should make one thing clear on this word count. The numbers represent fiction only. The non fiction (steady, paying work) average is around 40,000 a week. Fiction word count: 3,000 Stories Submitted: 7 stories Also, my website has been updated with links to a new review for Bride of Tranquility, my tentative […]

Read the rest of this entry »